‘Tis the season! It is finally December, which means the holidays are practically here! I love this time of year, and one of my favorite things is putting together gift guides filled with goodies for the special people in your life! Below is a gift guide for her. Whether it’s your momma, sister, daughter, girlfriend etc there is something for everyone!
- Ugg Classic Short II Boot in Garnet
- Kendra Scott Miku Drop Earrings
- Nordstrom Frosted Cuff Slippers
- Jord Cassia Watch (Click here to enter my Giveaway!! And check out my blog all about it here!)
- PJ Salvage Print Flannel Pajamas
- Chanel No. 5 L’eau Limited Edition
- YSL Envelope Large Bag In Grain De Poudre Embossed Leather
- Treasure and Bond Cable Knit Beanie with Faux Fur Pom
- Free People Softly Structured Tunic
- Skin Gym Rose Quartz Workout Kit
- MAC Shiny Pretty Things Nude Mini Lipstick Kit
- Outdoor Voices 7/8 Springs Leggings
Happy holiday shopping!
This spring, my skin has been up and down. Some days it will be super dry, while other times it is great! With the fluctuating weather, it can be hard to maintain clear, flawless skin. But I have finally found the perfect skincare routine, makeup and all, so you can feel and look flawless.
As soon as I wake up in the am, I will rinse off any product or cream from the night before and let my skin breath. I feel like it just needs a minute to sit before applying any other lotions. In that time, I’ll usually eat breakfast or relax. Once I am ready to get ready, I’ll do my regular cleanse and exfoliate routine then move on to the important part: hydration. I never realized how important moisturizer was until a few years ago. It does take some trial and error to figure out the best one for your skin, but once you do, it is amazing. I’ve been using the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Ultra-Light Moisturizer, and it is amazing. After, I’ll spray a bit of Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir all over my face and fan dry.
For primer, I LOVE Origin’s Original Skin Pore Perfecting Cooling Primer. At first, the foam tripped me up, but once I began to use it everyday, I noticed such a difference. It’s light and makes your skin feel so fresh. After that, I go into my regular face makeup routine! Products listed below!
**Note: I use a Real Techniques Beauty Sponge for all of my liquid products, along with setting my undereyes!
L’Oreal Pro Matte Foundation
Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
Kat Von D Lock-It Translucent Powder
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Nars Blush in Dolce Vita
Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop
Summer is around the corner, and it is time to get glam with peach shades and a glowing highlight!
Below are a few of my favorite peach toned makeup products perfect for summer (and featured in the tutorial)!
Too Faced Peaches Palette
Becca Highlighter- Champagne Pop
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Gloss- Sunset Strip
Mac Peaches Blush
When it comes to cleansing and exfoliating my face, I am always looking for the newest face wash or brush to wash away dirt and impurities. Removing makeup, dirt, and dry patches is crucial to clean and healthy skin! Using Grace and Stella Co.’s 7-in-1 Facial Massager and Cleanser, I can do all of that with one easy device!
Grace and Stella Co.’s 7-in-1 Facial Massager and Cleanser comes with 7 different heads to fit your cleaning needs. It exfoliates and massages your skin to reveal smooth and supple skin and is water resistant. The device massages and stimulates blood flow to your face, as well as exfoliates the feet and body with the change of the brush head. Simply click in your choice of head, wet your face, apply a dime sized amount of your favorite cleanser onto the brush head, and click the button to choose your speed.
The device is small enough for travel and fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. Not to mention, the brush is only $18.95! I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my skin. My dry patches are completely exfoliated and gone, and my skin looks much brighter and has better circulation. My favorite brush is the massager head, which helps puffiness under the eyes and face.
This makes an excellent gift for yourself and even your mom for mother’s day! Share the gift of clean and fresh skin, and click the link here to receive a discount on your facial massager and cleanser order!
For a more in depth review, check out the video I posted on the product too!
Skincare has become my new favorite obsession (along with makeup still of course!) I have tested out and acquired quite a few favorites, which I love sharing! Here are my must have skincare products of right now!
- The Pearlessence Cucumber Water Mist was an interesting find! I found it at TJ Maxx and seems to be some sort of unknown, indie skincare brand, that takes a lot of inspiration from the brand Herbivore. The scent is light, and the mist adds a refreshing feel to you skin. If you are in any of the TJ Maxx or Marshalls stores, see if they carry any of their items! They are hidden gems.
- The Tarte Brightening Eye Cream has been an absolute savior for my poor undereyes. I have continuously gone back to using this product after finding that other drug store eye creams were burning/not doing anything for the area. Even though it is pricey for the size, it does wonders with its thick and creamy formula.
- The Purity Made Simple has been my go to for removing makeup. I got my mom hooked on this as well for its gentle and fresh smelling formula. You can buy it in large bottles to save money and it lasts you for months. I can’t say enough good things about this product.
- Sephora has changed the game with their sheet masks. I love the rose one for its hydrating and plumping abilities, but they all are great. The mask is thin, and although you may look like Freddie or Jason, your skin looks noticeably better just after taking it off.
- Exfoliating is always my number one problem. The Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel is a gentle way to get rid of dead skin. The gel goes on dry and pushes away rolls of dead skin in an instant. It sounds gross, but is actually very satisfying and does the job well.
- The Murad Clarifying Mask is an overnight pimple saver. With just one dot, the mask dries out any existence of a pimple and leaves you with smooth looking skin. I like to use it as a spot treatment, but it can be applied as a full mask too.
- The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser has been my go to and has changed my skin for the better! It has helped to reduce over-drying and has faded impurities. It is also gentle enough for even the most sensitive and acne prone skin.
I hope you will take some of my must haves and try them for yourself! Obviously, not everyone is going to like everything, but that is the beauty of trying new skincare.
It is been a hot minute since I have filmed a video. Getting settled into school has been hard, but I am finally back and will be filming as regularly as possible!
Since fall is officially here, meaning the weather is matching the season, we can finally wear our fave fall makeup looks.
This everyday makeup tutorial is the perfect and simple look to sport for class, a meeting, errands, lunch, dinner, or even a nice event or formal. Maybe even homecoming?!
Below are some of my fave shades that you can use to recreate this look or other fall makeup looks.
The palette I used in this tutorial is the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. (Sold at Sephora and Ulta)
The other day, I turned the big 21! The day was filled with plenty of love, yummy food, sweets, and great celebration! If you follow me on Instagram (courtneyk1) you would have seen snippets of the day! But I wanted to share it all (or most of it) including my hair, makeup, outfit, and a few pics of the night!
My romper was from Nordstrom (unfortunately out of stock) is by Astr (similar). It is a gorgeous emerald green with V neck and back. My bralette is from H&M and the shoes are just a simple gladiator flat.
Makeup was done by myself! My hair was done courtesy of Luxebar! If you are looking for a great blow dry bar, I definitely recommend it!
I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes and a fabulous birthday! Until next year!
I was recently browsing around Sephora, picking up my daily necessities when I thought to myself, I need more glosses. Then again, I always say I need something makeup related. While looking around, I passed Nars’ glosses, which I love, then stumbled upon one of my favorite displays- Tarte. I’ve been eyeing their lip paints for a while. But because it is summer, I wasn’t looking for a matte lip cream, but a gloss. Clearly, it was meant to be! Tarte recently came out with their line of Tarteist Lip Paints, but glossy versions.
I purchased double tap, which is a slightly gray mauve. It has such a creamy and smooth formula without it being sticky and having to peel blown hairs out of my lips. The applicator is soft and a pretty decent size for the tube. The selection of colors range from peaches and pinks, to nudes and purples.
I have always been a fan of Tarte, so I am partly biased, but I am so content with my gloss purchase that I wanted to share it with you all. I get asked a lot what some of my favorite lip products are, and frankly, I have no idea! I have yet to find one that screams Me or that I would feel like wearing everyday. However, the lip paint is currently at the top of my list.
I paired the gloss with such a simple makeup look because the color looks great with full glam and little to no makeup. A link to the product is listed below, along with my new tutorial feat. the beautiful gloss!
Tarteist Glossy Lip Paints