With summer dresses and off the shoulder tops, my favorite accessory to add are dainty necklaces. They are simple and perfect for layering, which is a trend I have been obsessed with! Below are a few, perfect for any look.
Moon and Lola- Metal Engraved Bar Necklace
Moon and Lola- Metal Nameplate Necklace
Bauble Bar- Asymmetrical Alpha Pendant Necklace
Bauble Bar- Edvina Bar Necklace
Kendra Scott- Elisa Pendant Necklace
Zoe Chicco- Dangling Semiprecious Stone Choker
Simple necklaces like these are perfect to pair with simple tees and tops to add a pop to any look. I love this one that can double as a choker and long necklace.
Summer is around the corner, and it is time to get glam with peach shades and a glowing highlight!
Below are a few of my favorite peach toned makeup products perfect for summer (and featured in the tutorial)!
Too Faced Peaches Palette
Becca Highlighter- Champagne Pop
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Gloss- Sunset Strip
Mac Peaches Blush
Palm leaf is a new, must-have trend for spring and summer. Whether it is worn on a dress, bikini, or your iPhone case, the print is versatile and adds a cool, clean touch to any piece in your closet or home.
1. Stone Fox Hermosa One-Piece
2. Martinique Cosmetic Travel Bag
3. Palm Leaf Maxi Beach Dress
4. Outdoor Palm Leaf Pillow Cover
5. Adidas Cloudfoam Ultra Slide Sandal
6. Leaf Print Bikini
7. Tropical Pattern iPhone Case
The pattern will make any item look like it came from a tropical island!
On casual days where I still want to feel and look put together, I combine my two favorite things: ripped denim and a lace shirt. The combination is classic and comfy, yet looks amazing for any occasion.
I’m sporting my favorite Blank NYC dark, ripped denim with a white lace ToSave.com shirt. (Check one of my previous posts on my review of the items I received from them!) I paired the look with a simple khaki jacket and white converse.
Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) Top: ToSave.com
Jacket: Marshalls (Similar) Sneakers: Converse
Lace shirts are a huge trend for spring and summer. It combines the sexiness of lingerie and the comfiness of a casual cami. To dress the look up, pair a strappy heel and clutch or large tote bag. The look is versatile, simple, and sure to turn heads!
When it comes to cleansing and exfoliating my face, I am always looking for the newest face wash or brush to wash away dirt and impurities. Removing makeup, dirt, and dry patches is crucial to clean and healthy skin! Using Grace and Stella Co.’s 7-in-1 Facial Massager and Cleanser, I can do all of that with one easy device!
Grace and Stella Co.’s 7-in-1 Facial Massager and Cleanser comes with 7 different heads to fit your cleaning needs. It exfoliates and massages your skin to reveal smooth and supple skin and is water resistant. The device massages and stimulates blood flow to your face, as well as exfoliates the feet and body with the change of the brush head. Simply click in your choice of head, wet your face, apply a dime sized amount of your favorite cleanser onto the brush head, and click the button to choose your speed.
The device is small enough for travel and fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. Not to mention, the brush is only $18.95! I have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my skin. My dry patches are completely exfoliated and gone, and my skin looks much brighter and has better circulation. My favorite brush is the massager head, which helps puffiness under the eyes and face.
This makes an excellent gift for yourself and even your mom for mother’s day! Share the gift of clean and fresh skin, and click the link here to receive a discount on your facial massager and cleanser order!
For a more in depth review, check out the video I posted on the product too!
I recently received a package from the website ToSave.com and wanted to review the items I got in the mail!
ToSave.com offers inexpensive fashion, beauty, and electronic items for any need. The company is based out of China, and the website is set up very similar to Amazon. When I first looked at the items, they all had Pinterest images to represent each piece, which seemed promising. The styles were cute, and I was curious to see how the items looked.
A month went by, and I finally received my package! The items looked identical to the pictures on the website, but with some differences. The quality and fabric was slightly less than what I was expecting. The burgundy swimsuit is very thin, and also is not made up of a material that would be waterproof . It also claimed to be push-up, but there is no padding. In addition, I was so sad that none of the pieces fit me properly. I ordered a large in all the pieces, because of the fit and look, but they ended up not fitting like a normal large usually would. The swimsuit did not go far enough up my torso to cover my chest, and the off the shoulder shirt did not look properly sewn to be an off the shoulder shirt. The white lace top is the one piece that worked out perfectly, and looks perfect with some ripped denim.
I was really excited to try out these items, but wish they worked better for me. Their pieces are adorable, but just beware that some of the sizes are unpredictable and may not fit properly.
Friday night, I was decked out for a spring formal! My outfit consisted of leather, satin, and plenty of sass.
- Urban Outfitters Wheat Chain Wrap Choker Necklace
- Trouve Drape Front Leather Jacket
- Urban Outfitters Kimchi Blue Tie-Shoulder Silky Mini Dress
- Michael Kors Cindy Large Dome Crossbody
- Sam Edelman Susie Ankle Strap Sandal
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and look of this dress. On the hanger, it looked bland, but on, it was very flattering and fit perfectly. Having to adjust the shoulder tie got annoying, but it made for easy adjustments if needed. Just be careful pulling it too much or the length will be way too short. Paired with the leather jacket and heels, the look was perfect for the weather (rainy). This would be great for a night out with friends or a date!
The summer is almost upon us, and it is time to look forward to what this year’s trends will be. The best thing about summer is that it is a time to be outdoors and show off. Whether you are on the beach, looking for an evening outfit or wondering what style of footwear to get, we are going to look at the upcoming trends of summer 2017 that you should definitely be following.
This summer is all about having the confidence to be you. Bralettes are this year’s latest trend that will takes clothes traditionally seen as an undergarment and worn proudly as an outer garment. This style can be worn on its own or revealed under a shirt or jacket. The most popular look for the bralette will be a multitude of straps that curve around the body. Some fashion labels even recommend wearing them over shirts.
Speaking of shirts, it appears that a trend that began in New York will become one of this year’s most popular looks. The look can be achieved now by taking a large shirt and doing the buttons up in the wrong order to create a disheveled one-shoulder look. If you have more patience you can buy specially made deconstructed shirts from fashion’s biggest names this summer.
Fashion guru Elle put seaside stripes as the number one fashion trend for this summer. The site claims that the patterns often found on beach umbrellas and lounge chairs will now be worn as a symbol that summer has truly begun.
The Retro Look
According to Who What Wear the 80s are coming back this year and in a big way. Outfits with big bold colors and strong shoulders are the way forward for evening attire. The fashion site states: “there’s much to play with, from silhouette-enhancing nipped waists fastened with giant belts to flirty hemlines balanced out by big shoulders.” Of course the 80s have never really gone away, and popular culture today still celebrates the look and feel of the decade. From the popular TV series Stranger Things to slot gaming site Slingo who give their players a blast from the past through Disco Spins, it looks like the 80s and its fashion trends aren’t going to fade away anytime soon. So by looking back to the past this summer, you will be ahead in the fashion stakes.
Vogue Magazine believes that these heels will be this year’s most sought after footwear. According to the Vogue columnist, they are very popular with the French street style set. The heel lends an elegant edge to a number of different shoe styles that will allow wearers to match them with many types of outfits.
So there you have it, our summer trends to look out for this summer. By following these trends you will standout as the fashion connoisseur we know that you are. Roll on summer 2017!
Skincare has become my new favorite obsession (along with makeup still of course!) I have tested out and acquired quite a few favorites, which I love sharing! Here are my must have skincare products of right now!
- The Pearlessence Cucumber Water Mist was an interesting find! I found it at TJ Maxx and seems to be some sort of unknown, indie skincare brand, that takes a lot of inspiration from the brand Herbivore. The scent is light, and the mist adds a refreshing feel to you skin. If you are in any of the TJ Maxx or Marshalls stores, see if they carry any of their items! They are hidden gems.
- The Tarte Brightening Eye Cream has been an absolute savior for my poor undereyes. I have continuously gone back to using this product after finding that other drug store eye creams were burning/not doing anything for the area. Even though it is pricey for the size, it does wonders with its thick and creamy formula.
- The Purity Made Simple has been my go to for removing makeup. I got my mom hooked on this as well for its gentle and fresh smelling formula. You can buy it in large bottles to save money and it lasts you for months. I can’t say enough good things about this product.
- Sephora has changed the game with their sheet masks. I love the rose one for its hydrating and plumping abilities, but they all are great. The mask is thin, and although you may look like Freddie or Jason, your skin looks noticeably better just after taking it off.
- Exfoliating is always my number one problem. The Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel is a gentle way to get rid of dead skin. The gel goes on dry and pushes away rolls of dead skin in an instant. It sounds gross, but is actually very satisfying and does the job well.
- The Murad Clarifying Mask is an overnight pimple saver. With just one dot, the mask dries out any existence of a pimple and leaves you with smooth looking skin. I like to use it as a spot treatment, but it can be applied as a full mask too.
- The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser has been my go to and has changed my skin for the better! It has helped to reduce over-drying and has faded impurities. It is also gentle enough for even the most sensitive and acne prone skin.
I hope you will take some of my must haves and try them for yourself! Obviously, not everyone is going to like everything, but that is the beauty of trying new skincare.